Thursday 31 May 2012

Mix Tape.

'Top To Bottom'
  1. Elbow - The Bones of You (4.50)
  2. Adele - Cold Shoulder (3.11)
  3. Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (3.01)
  4. Beyonce - Broken Hearted Girl (4.40)
  5. Lana Del Rey - Born To Die (4.47)
  6. Lady Gaga - Brown Eyes (4.04)
  7. Kate Nash - Skeleton Song (5.08)
  8. Olly Murs - Heart Skips a Beat (3.27)
  9. Natasha Bedingfield - Touch (3.45)
  10. Florence and The Machine - Between Two Lungs (3.58)
  11. Snow Patrol - Grazed Knees (2.56)
  12. Mylo - In My Arms (3.55)
  13. Oasis - My Big Mouth (5.02)
  14. Kelly Clarkson - Walk Away (3.09)
  15. The Vaccines - Under Your Thumb (2.20)
  16. Lily Allen - Smile (3.18)
  17. Owl City - Rainbow Veins (5.32)
  18. Melanie C - Immune (4.36)
  19. The Saturdays - My Heart Takes Over (3.46)
  20. The Ting Tings - Hands (3.19)
(Running Time: 20 tracks - 75.24)

The title of my mix tape is 'Top To Bottom'. This title was constructed around the theme of the human body and includes songs about parts of the body from 'Top To Bottom'.  It includes a wide range of songs based around the body and also senses. I decided to focus on this theme as there are thousands of songs with the titles of either body parts or feelings. Because it is such a wide topic to focus on, I have included songs from different music genres and artists to create a contrast within the track list. I also tried to include as many parts of the body as possible to keep the mix tape interesting throughout but still keeping within the theme. My cover image is relevant to this theme of the mix tape as I decided to focus on one part of the body, in this case the hands which is the title of one of the songs included on the tape. The picture is quite effective and is one I found from the internet and then went on to edit on Photoshop. I changed the opacity, brightness and contrast to create quite a dark and mysterious tone. Because the theme is quite simple, I thought this would work quite well because it doesn't create any particular focusing point. The image is also enhanced by small, simple text surrounding it which lists a few songs and also has the title of the mix tape itself. The choice of image also balances out all of the genres included as it doesn't just focus on one area of music.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the concept behind this mix. The explanation is very illuminating and your tracks are well chosen.The simpicity of the cover works very well and holds the whole thing together brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete